Monday 16 July 2012

Never be parted from.....

There are somethings a person should never be parted from, a pen and paper, I mean a proper pen one that is a fountain pen and great paper, use the best you can. My wife makes me note books that I use my Lamy pens in. I just love the feel of the pen in my hand running over at least 100 weight paper even better still if it is watercolour paper.  The one with the silver cap is my desk pen the one with the silver barrel middle is my carry everywhere pen. Never go anywhere without a note book to hand you never know where an idea will come from or strike you. I personally always have a bible close by. The English Standard Version is my current one of choice. Then books lots of books. read and read and read. Find a reason to read a new one something you might not look for. Try getting one that is by someone from a letter of the alphabet you have never read before!!!

Then as a person who likes and drinks coffee, I grind my own beans, don't grow them yet maybe one day. Try a new place for somewhere in the world. I personally use "The Grind" in the central market in Adelaide. The fabulous women there occasionally give a sample of beans to try when the new batch comes in.

Then music, good and great a just stuff you like, I shape sound track to what I am writing. One story I am currently working on has this list  the sound track to it.
                                   
David Crowder Band: b Collision - intro(I've had enough)
Sarah Jahn : Sparkle -  Brand New Name
Kaleidophone: What's Your Tonic - Blow Over
Alistair Holland: 17 - Angel Eyes
Johnny Cash: American IV:The Man Comes Around - Big Iron
Johnny Cash: American III: Solitary Man - I Won't Back Down
Metallica: St. Anger - All Within My Hands

It allows me to access a feeling, which can be fleeting things, at a given point in time again and again.

So keep close what you need to get through this day enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment