Friday 3 August 2012



So I have started "The Philosophical Breakfast Club"and now know where the first use of the word scientist was! Just so you know it was between William Whenhall and Samuel Coleridge-Taylor in  debate, a moment that would be fun to see. I am enjoying it very much, thanks to my delightful wife for a great gift. Also today the very same delight wife, found part four of "Exile on the Planet of the Apes" both covers, as I am kind of geeky that way about Marc Laming's work, he did the insides,and they are great. I have some of his original art work hanging on my walls. He is so good I pay my own money for it!!

Also found a great bearded skull design around ZZ Top. Music I like a lot. Still reading Winston Churchill's "The Gathering Storm" Volume 1 of his six volume history of World War Two, There is so much I did not know about my own country and the setting and build up to that war. I found my bargain of the day a first edition of "Sole Survivor" by Dean Koontz in an Op Shop, a charity shop for those outside Australia.  Also I have included a picture of my most read book, The Bible this one is the English Standard Version. Which I like a lot, In a few moments I will go to bed and read "Embassytown" China Meiville I am get gently sucked in to another world, which is  I think the  best way for a world to creep up on you. Where I wonder is you favourite place to read to be transported away some where else? Dyslexia is a great thing, I like it. Enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment