Wednesday 18 September 2013

Nice Finds

So back to reading but before that some of my finds, finding books is a delight as you know. So what did i find. Well I was let into St Albans Abbey for a moments quiet it was after hours had the place to myself. It was most moving, sitting at his tomb. Alban was Britain's first martyr.  So sitting quietly by the tomb contemplating, the direction and purpose of life when the organist starts playing, some organists are good but this guy was totally awesome a master at his chosen instrument. Lost in my own head when he starts to play "If you go down to the Woods today"!!

A gentle moment was ruined, no just enjoyed it made me smile, and wanted to go to the woods.

So anyway they have rather neat second hand book stall, which is always something I do like to find.

I am rummaging through this collection of books, some of which are rather interesting. I am low on space in my luggage so I have to be picky so what do I pick. When rummaging in second hand books I always look for some authors first. I always look for Ray Bradbury and then Stephen Baxter. I does give ones rummaging a focus. Focus is Good.

So I find these and I am thrilled A Ray Bradbury I have not seen before "Bright Phoenix", the Stephen Baxter "Anti-Ice. Then a really good mate gave me a book "Mortal Engines" by Philip Reeve.  

So much reading to do for fun, so dyslexia is a blast, enjoying mine, enjoy yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment