Tuesday 20 November 2012

So I have just finished "The Lost Gate" by Orson Scott Card. It is good most enjoyable. but As someone who writes the funnest part is the afterward. Where he unpacks the process and origin of the story I have just read. It is so neat to understand that this world he has written about, was not a one hit and it was done job. It has taken years to put it together. In various forms and editions as he work to make a satisfying moment for himself. To tell a story that stands for itself and it's own internal reality. It does, once you get used to both worlds. Do wonder if there is a next in this series. I have tracked down a previous entry into this world "Stonefather" so I'll read that when it gets here.

In the meantime I shall begin reading "Eureka" by Peter Fitzsimons or Keith Windscuttle "The Fabrication of Aboriginal History: Volume 1". Failing that Ian Tregillis "Bitterseeds"

Oh so many books and so much time, I like my life,  I like my God, I like my family, I like my dyslexia, I hope you like your day do enjoy it, have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment