Sunday 6 January 2013

So I have not bought a book so I am reading them instead, So I am reading William Gibson "Spook Country" and at the same time (not literally at the same time), David Brin "Existence" when I run across the same idea sure they are expressed slightly differently, the idea is this an electronically enhanced, augmented, annotated world. In the William Gibson world it is used to place art into the world that can only experienced with the right "glasses" A limited interaction is possible.

Then in David Brin's world it is the predominate way of living in the world, it seems to be quite disturbing, and oddly a way that is mostly used by the poorer strata of society, at this point it would seem to the easiest way to stop people rising up intellectually or as seen in the middle ages that feudal societal structure. The easiest way to stop the revolutionary give them something to watch that feels like you could participate.

Then the wealthy and these are extremely stupidly frighteningly rich, are the least well rather less obviously augmented, I do find I am liking William Gibson world at the moment over David Brin's but I will work through them both. Still I like my dyslexia what are you doing with yours. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment