Tuesday 26 June 2012

fear

Yesterday I went fishing, i am not scared of fishing, I like catching fish I like learning to be a better fisherman. Yes because I am one.  But anyway that is not my fear. One of the most completely and utterly unnerving things I have done was this, first you need to understand something about my dyslexia. I have great spacial awareness, I know how wide long the mass and volume when I am in it, the same with a motorcycle. So anyway fishing out in the Spencer Gulf heading between fishing spots having a great day. When I am asked if I want to drive the boat, I have never done this before, not really been interested in doing it either. But never been one to do something new or interesting or fun, I said yes sure in a confident tone. So I swap seats and am sitting behind the wheel. I have a compass thing that is my aiming guide it is off to the right of me, a depth gauge, and the comforting sound of a boat engine. I have never done anything this difficult in along time. Watching a horizon watching a compass and watching a depth gauge, The level on concentration was almost painful, and the most scary bit is the fixation that occurred in me to attempt to keep the two indicators on the compass in place. Then my loss of ability to watch all the other things that matter.

The most and completely unnerving bit was I had no idea how big it was I was totally at sea and no idea of the scale of what I was in. I have not been the disconcerted in an age. Would I do it again, you bet. under the care and guidance of my captain yep anytime. I can better at this fear won't stop me

Have a great day, go fishing have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment